Friday, January 9, 2009

Someday Bloody Someday

I vow to myself and to all future employers that I will never again put myself in a position like this. You will not play inane mindgames with me. There will be a purpose to what I'm doing, no matter how menial, or I will not do it.

One day, I will have the freedom to tell you to go fuck yourself, and quit, and find a better job. And I will.

I'd rather pump gas. I'd rather panhandle in a Stormtrooper costume, rather wash windshields at busy intersections. I'll flip your burgers if I have to. Park your car, deliver your pizza, substitute teach your kids' gym class, do temp work, answer phones, take notes, sort mail, count sheep, buy and trade souls, fund Starbucks, wear a tie, stress over finals, become a monk, be a door greeter, anything.

"Technically, you don't have the right to wear civilian clothes. That's a priveledge."

All it takes is one sentence spoken to really fuck things up. Oh, I'll keep playing your game, but only for a little longer. In fact, I'll even start participating, nay, COMPETING. I'll make myself a greased pig, fucking TRY and catch me.

No, I won't go reserve or national guard. I did exactly what I said I would do, did it, DONE. I'll take my chances with the inactive reserve, kthanks.

Less than a hundred days, let the games begin.

13 comments:

JT said...

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Created comment and it was lost.
I'll try to do again later due to time.
Cheering you on though is the simplest message.

rayanne said...

Hang in there Suspect, you're almost there. ALMOST THERE!

bigD said...

Count it down Suspect, count it down!
"Technically" the Army doesn't know who they are dealing with. You got this Suspect. The Army is gonna blow a gasket over you. Starting the countdown to civilian clothes...100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, 94...!

I guess this means holidays are over huh? God(s) bless you Ryan.

Anonymous said...

which stormtroopers, star wars or Nazi ss?

Jean said...

'bout time you came up for air!

Deep breaths, kiddo, deep breaths.

Anonymous said...

I love this post! Good to hear from you, I was starting to worry. That's the spirit, keep that up and you'll be able to tackle ANYTHING when you're out of there. And it will feel like FREEDOM.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on everything but the buy and sell souls. Yours is still intact.

membrain said...

"Technically, you don't have the right to wear civilian clothes. That's a priveledge."

WOW! That sucks! On the other hand it will be spring when you get out and can wear whatever you want.

One day at at a time Suspect.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! The joys of being "short". Watch ur back suspect, they can still fuck with you.

Complete the following:

I'm so short that . . .

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

bigD said...

Hey Suspect,
Just wanted you to know that every time I check your site for new posts that song blares out at me and makes me jump out of my seat! Wow...I gotta turn down the volume. God(s) bless Ryan. Day #95 and counting ;)

Tonyamichelle04 said...

You are almost there!! and just to let you know I love your music <3 :D Hang in there....

red said...

I've been wondering where you were! One day at a time, Suspect, we're rootin' for ya.

Tiarra said...

If I said i knew what you were going through I would not be telling the truth. In fact I have no idea what it is like but from your blog I see your frustration. As you said you only have 100 days left. Keep your head and you will get through it. Take it a day at a time. I hope things get better for you soon. Take care.